Basic and Translational Immunology for Rheumatologists
Date: Friday, 11 October 2019
Time: 07:00 – 16:30
- Describe the major advances in basic immunology that are most relevant to human diseases, and the unresolved issues and future challenges.
- Recognize the fundamental mechanisms underlying immunologic diseases and the commonality among diverse organ-specific disease states.
- Identify the basic principles underlying therapeutic modulation of the immune system, and the mechanisms of action of the major classes of immune modulators.
- Critically evaluate the medical literature reporting advances pertinent to immune diseases and immunotherapies.
- Explain the rationale for the use of new immunotherapeutic modalities in patients.
- Practicing clinicians trainees
- Research scientists
- Individuals in biotechnology
- Pharmaceutical companies who are involved in the development of therapies for immunological diseases
ADARRC Course Deputy 2019
Al Mafraq Hospital
Abu Dhabi, UAE
|07:00 – 12:00||Registration|
|08:30 – 09:00||Introduction to the Immune System|
|09:00 – 10.00||Innate Immunity, Sensing Pathogens and Danger|
|10:00 – 10:15||Coffee Break|
|10:15 – 11:15||Antigen Presenting Cells, Antigen Presentation, T-Cell Activation|
|11:15 – 12:00||T Cell Subsets in Autoimmune Diseases|
|12:00 – 13:00||Prayer and Lunch|
|13:00 – 13:45||B-Cell Activation and Antibody Production|
|13:45 – 14:45||Immune Regulation and Tolerance|
|14:45 – 15:30||Mechanisms of Autoimmunity|
|15:30 – 16:30||Cancer Immunotherapy and its Immunologic Complications|